map gift shop are 21 this year! To celebrate our birthday here are 21 random facts about us that you probably didn't know.
1. Ian and Kathryn met at Loughborough College of Art in 1983
|an early brainstorming session - it most definitely is not a lounging around on the floor watching "neighbours" and drinking Boddingtons session.|
2. Before setting up MAP, Ian designed a Jacket for David Fielden eveningwear which was worn by Rachel Hunter
3. Ian had a stall at Camden Market in it's hey day back in the 1980's, this photo in his fabulous 80's pomp features in Caitlin Davies book Camden Lock and the Market!
4. Kathryn painted a backdrop of Judy Garland for a music video in the late 80's
5. We were originally M.A.P. our very first design range was picked up by Terence Conran at our first trade fair and went on to become our number 1 best selling iconic "sun" range selling internationally in all the best stores.
|Photo from Period Living October 1993|
6. We followed this range up with "Petits Mots" designed exclusively for The Conran Shop.
|"Petit Mots" China exclusively for The Conran Shop|
|It's interesting that after 20 years the feature from World of Interiors 1994, showing our range and the trend of Typography and Script at the time, could easily be from any current Interior Magazine in 2014!|